Friday 16 December 2011

Decisions

I hate making decisions, always have and always will, especially the big ones that are going to affect your life. A year ago me and my best friend had a dream that in September 2012 we'de be off to New York to attend a University there ..we knew it'd be hard but it was possible. Things change though and the money and risk of moving country is just too high, plus I just don't feel ready for a move that big yet, so now I have to choose: University over in England or stay in Jersey and do a degree over here.

I decided to fill in a UCAS application and apply for 3 uni's in England as well as the Social Sciences degree at home; thought this would give me a good amount of time to make a final decision, but now times running out and I honestly have no clue. On the one hand I love the look of the Jersey degree; the course looks great, I'll be at home, hardly any money/accommodation worries and I'll have enough money by the age of 21 to travel after my degree, but can I really last 3 more years in Jersey and living at home? I honestly don't know, I love Jersey but when you live somewhere so small you need to able to get away for a bit, and with the cost of the degree that probably won't be an option even with the grant I'll get.

Now emails are coming through from the universities I've applied for, got one from The University of Chichester today informing me that my interview would be on January 9th and I must get back to them letting them know if I can attend or if I no longer want a place on the course, this is my first choice England Uni so once I reject them my decision is basically made and I'll be staying here ..Not ready yet but I guess life doesn't wait, I'll have to have a serious think over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment